In a rampant whirlwind of heart shaped cards & letters, eating everything in sight — from hand-painted French chocolates to Malaysian curry — & parties ranging from a celebration of birth, to the new (Chinese) year, to Gaga & bad romances everywhere, the great day of Love has come & passed.
This year we rocked out more than ever before — I’m not sure I even put this much effort into Christmas! My list of to-do’s went on as thus:
- Make & ice half of a hundred cupcakes
- Stay up until 2AM handcrafting Valentines
- Go nutso on a pair of old pink heels to create the perfect party shoe
- Play host to a hoard of Valentiners during our Saturday night fete
- Stay positive in regards to finding myself dateless on the big day
Kidding — this was perhaps the least lonesome of all my Valentines days, because even though this will be the 19th year in a row I’ve gone without Hugh Grant showing up on my doorstep with a signed copy of Sense & Sensibility & a diamond ring, I was not alone.
So thanks to all the fabulous people who played a part in making my weekend memorable.
P.S. It’s snowing here. Again!